This recipe is so full of flavor! Although it is hard to say how many nutrients from the bananas persist through a recipe like this, it is still delicious and fun to make!
Banana Bundt Cake
1 box of 14 oz banana bread mix
4 tbs butter
3/4 cup of light brown sugar
2 tbs lemon juice
4 bananas, sliced about 1/8-1/4" thick
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare the banana bread recipe according to the package directions. Set batter aside.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar until it dissolves. Stir in the lemon juice and stir for another 2-3 minutes. Pour sugar mixture into a bundt pan.
4. Evenly spread the banana slices on top of the brown sugar mixture.
5. Pour bread batter mix on top.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool for 5 minutes.
8. Invert onto a plate and serve warm.
Consider serving with a scoop of vanilla or banana ice cream!